Full Stack Senior Software Engineer
Victoria, bc, canada - full time permanent
We're looking for someone to help us build new software, add features to our existing software, and mentor junior engineers. Our customers love our core product, and they want more from us...
Rooof sells software to property management companies in the USA on monthly recurring subscriptions. On-site users at each property use our software to automatically put classified advertisements on the internet using our browser extension that mimics human-like browser-interactions. Instead of making those ads manually, our software does all the work. Our software is used in over 1,600 apartment buildings by over 5,000 users. Our next product will likely be a native mobile app.
Who are we?
Rooof is a software company founded in 2012 to improve how the rental-housing industry advertises their vacancies. Instead of manually making hundreds of classified ads every month, Rooof has made software to mimic human behaviour within your browser so that new classified ads are written and uploaded automatically. People love our software because it writes great performing ads and because we have automated a task that they despise. We are preparing to build new software for our existing customers to meet other needs, unrelated to classified ad automation.
We are a team of eight corporate with head offices in Victoria BC. Five of us are located in Victoria BC, with sales in Phoenix and two off-site software engineers.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to build new products from concept to production (among other responsibilities)
- The opportunity to mentor others and grow your skills
- Competitive Salary
- Health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family (after 90 days)
- Best-in-class products. No competitor has a better product than us!
- Premium office environment in the downtown core (Fort near Wharf)
- Really fun and smart colleagues!
Who are you?
- You have extensive experience with an object oriented language.
- You have moderate to extensive experience with app development.
- You have concrete experience with Git.
- You have moderate or better experience supporting architecture in AWS.
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now.
- You have exceptional problem solving abilities and you don't give up.
- You can push other people to excel while encouraging them to grow.
- You feel that user-confusion and user-frustrations is often a design flaw.
- You want your work to be beautiful, not just functional.
- You are customer-focused and you strive to create evangelists.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience.
- You have an education that demonstrates core principles in the field.
What work could you be doing?
- Leading product design, development, testing, maintenance, and improvements.
- Helping the engineering team perform at a higher level through mentorship and teaching
- Native mobile development for iOS and Android (product not yet started)
- Work with Amazon AWS (EC2, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, CloudFront, ElastiCache, etc.)
Actual work content will depend on your strengths and customer needs.
Where does this go?
- We're growing rapidly (consistently ~9% month-over-month in the last ~12 months) so we expect opportunities for accelerated personal growth as we continue to grow with new products and new customers.
- We have several new products on the roadmap. You might manage a product, a team, and/or growth thereof.
Our Interview Process
- Resumes are reviewed on a rolling-basis and candidates are contacted as soon as possible to respect your time.
- Telephone interviews are conducted to ensure that your expectations and ours are as expected.
- Interviews in person to establish your technical competency. Your choice of:
- You may perform a code-review of Rooof's code; or
- We can perform a code-review of your code; or
- You may complete a programming exercise; or
- You may suggest other ways of demonstrating your technical competence.
- Interviews in person with the team and extended time with CEO/Founder.
Email jobs at rooof dot com with an introduction, CV, and anything else you would like us to know about you.
If you want to really impress us... Send us some code that you have exclusively written yourself.
The position will remain open until filled. Apply at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to meeting you!