Accounts Receivable and Administration Assistant
Victoria, BC, Canada - Permanent, Part-Time (20-30 hours/week)
At Rooof, we build the world’s best software for automatically creating classified-ads. That said, we’re even more proud of the team that we’ve built. We love working together and we’re very good at innovating, selling, and turning customers into evangelists! As we continue to grow, we need a detail-oriented person to help process customer payments, and assist with administrative and other general tasks around the office.
Who you’d be working with
Allen, Hanna, and Cassandra make up our client facing team at Rooof! Occasionally, they need help with various administrative tasks. This can include anything from data entry, to coordinating trade shows, to managing office materials. As well, as much as we love the relationships we have with our clients, we still like to collect some money from them each month. You would make sure that their monthly invoicing is set up and reaching them successfully. Sometimes, it takes a bit longer for our clients to pay – in these cases, you would work directly with the client-facing team to help get these overdue invoices paid. Don’t worry – this doesn’t require any scary phone calling! We prefer to take a gentler approach and you would be a key part of this process.
Around the office you’ll also see a team of software engineers – they work behind the scenes to keep Rooof awesome! They mostly take care of themselves, however, sometimes they will have odd jobs or administrative tasks that they would need your help with.
You will also see and work with our CEO, Adam. He keeps us running like a well-oiled machine! He’s a busy guy, so you would also be helping him with various tasks as needed. He is also very involved with the customer processes and will appreciate the metrics you would provide regarding invoicing numbers.
Our team is growing quickly, so yours won’t be the only new face in the office. We are actively searching to expand our engineering team, hire someone to help with support and account management, and someone with an eye for graphic design.
What does your day look like?
- Organizing team events
- General errands
- Office organization
- Coordinating trade shows
- Maintaining memberships for apartment associations that we belong to
- Working with the team to make sure documentations is up-to-date
- Data entry
- Customer mailings
Invoicing and Collections
- Processing payments, including overpayments, refunds, and credit notes
- Balancing accounts and receivables, daily and monthly
- Setting up new properties for billing
- Maintaining accurate information in accounts and billing systems
- Answering invoicing and billing tickets and researching issues accordingly
- Preparing overdue invoice reports, including quarterly and monthly updates
- Maintaining contact with clients regarding overdue accounts through email and traditional mail
- Preparing monthly and quarterly client summaries
- Working with account managers to create collection strategies
- Assist with training and support as needed
Who are you?
- You are flexible and highly detail-oriented.
- Your daily schedule isn’t set in stone- you enjoy change and variability in your work and tasks
- You are a self-starter and like to take initiative.
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now.
- You have exceptional problem-solving abilities and you don't give up.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills.
- You are familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and have a working knowledge of how to use a computer.
- You may have a post-secondary education.
- You may have some experience in AR or administration
- Previous experience in any customer service role is beneficial (even your first job in high school)
- You have a current passport and are permitted entry to the United States. This job doesn't have any planned travel at the moment, however, if a cool conference comes up then we want to be able to go!
What success looks like
There will be a wide variety of projects with this position, so projects completed in a manner that is thoughtful, thorough, and executed accurately will be essential.
We have an unusually high number of outstanding invoices. You coordinate with the sales and account management team so you know which decisions makers or properties to contact regarding overdue invoices. You send out emails and/or snail mail to update clients that their payment is overdue. You continue to tweak your processes so that this doesn’t happen in the future. After several weeks, you see the number of outstanding invoices significantly reduced.
Our sales team is going to a big trade show! They ask you to mail swag packages to a list of prospective clients they will be seeing there. You organize the mailing list and print off mailing labels for the packages. Then, you gent box each swag pack with care. You also think it would be a nice touch to include a hand-written note from the sales person, so you coordinate with them to include this. You finish up by getting everything to the post office in time for the packages to reach each prospect before they leave for the trade show. A couple weeks later, Hanna and Allen come back from the trade show and mention that they had multiple prospects come to find the Rooof booth because of the awesome swag they had received.
Where does this go?
We're expanding rapidly so we expect opportunities for accelerated personal growth as we continue with new products and new customers.
Each person is expected to train and mentor their replacement before they advance to a new role within the company. We expect a person to hold this position for at least 1.5 years before being considered for advancement.
Email jobs at rooof dot com with an introduction, resume in PDF format, and anything else you would like us to know about you. Please mention in your email where you originally saw the posting.
In your introduction, tell us why you want to work at Rooof.
The position will remain open until filled. Apply at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to meeting you!