Victoria, BC, Canada - Permanent, Full Time
At Rooof, we build the world’s best software for automatically creating classified-ads. That said, we’re even more proud of the team that we’ve built. We love working together and we’re very good at innovating, selling, and turning customers into evangelists! We’ve been growing rapidly and need a Graphic Designer who can create stunning visuals, design interfaces that are a pleasure to use, and help us beautify our existing resources.
We’re a tech company that deals in B2B sales, so this position is well suited to the Jack or Jill-of-all-trades who excels at producing professional looking digital/print media, as well as having a certain level of familiarity with web based technologies and user interfaces.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on new projects and the chance to revitalize existing content. Bringing the new and the old together to form a high-quality, consistent branding experience will be key!
Who you’d be working with
Allen and Hanna are our sales people, and they’re flying all over the place to spread awareness of how awesome Rooof is. We need to keep them supplied with up-to-date marketing materials, so that they can keep our phones ringing off the hook.
Cassandra and Julianna do customer training and support, respectively, as well as sharing various aspects of operations. They currently manage a ton of customer facing resources including advertising designs, email templates, user manuals, and much, much more.
Lastly, we’ve got a bunch of software engineers kicking around the office to build, maintain, and grow the widgets that we sell. Fortunately for you they aren’t the most artistically inclined, and need help designing interfaces that are aesthetically pleasing and easy to use.
What does your day look like?
Digital and Print Media
- Design marketing materials destined for physical print
- Design digital resources for web advertising and online distribution
- Design and maintain user facing documents and guides
- Design newsletter and email templates
- Ensure consistent branding across all resources
- Much, much more! You’re the artist!
User Interface / User Experience
- Design user interfaces that are a pleasure to look at and easy to use.
- Work with the engineering team to transition initial interface designs to functional models.
- Actively work to gather feedback on UX and make improvements
- Design and maintain any web presences
- Be our paint and brush and canvas, for we are only programmers!
Who are you?
- You are detail-oriented.
- You prefer it done right, not necessarily right now.
- You have exceptional problem-solving abilities and you don't give up.
- You are customer-focused and you strive to create evangelists.
- You have 2+ years of work experience.
- Knowledge of Digital and Print media design.
- Knowledge of UI/UX Concepts.
- Knowledge of video/audio production is a plus.
- If you have any experience writing code, let us know!
- You have an education that demonstrates core principles in the field and a clear ability to learn and deliver excellence.
- Previous experience in any customer service role is beneficial (even your first job in high school)
- You have a current passport and are permitted entry to the United States. This job doesn't have any planned travel at the moment, however, if a cool conference comes up then we want to be able to go!
What success looks like
More than anything, we need someone who is detail-oriented and committed to delivering design work that is easy on the eyes, easy to understand, and easy to use. We need it done right, not necessarily right now.
Here’s a sample of the work that you might do:
Hanna and Allen are headed to a big trade show, but our primary sales brochures are outdated and looking a little stale. Our biggest, newest features aren’t even listed! Work with the sales team to make sure we’re sending out the right message to prospective customers. If there’s time, maybe you can whip up some flashy new business cards, or an awesome infographic too!
Our engineering team creates a new Customer Portal that can process data efficiently, but the interface is just a bootstrapped web form with a couple buttons. They can handle the inputs and outputs, but need you to design a proper interface and an excellent user experience.
Cassandra is setting up a drip campaign that will involve sending a mix of emails as well as real life swag to our prospects. She has collected requirements and drafted text content, but needs you to create a series of email templates that are meant to impress. She’s also been in contact with some Swag manufacturers, and has a list of graphics you’ll need to design for printing purposes.
As part of our customer training process, we’re setting up automated emails that deliver a link to a standardized training video. Cassandra has a script and someone to do the voice over work. You’ll need to screen capture video footage of our Extension in action, and edit it all together. It would need to be pleasant to watch, while efficiently educating new users.
Compensation – just in case fun people and great product isn’t enough!
Health, dental, vision, and other benefits for you and your family (after 90 days)
Three weeks of paid vacation
Bonus vacation December 26-31, but we take turns on call.
Salary range of $50k-65k, depending on experience.
Where does this go?
We're expanding rapidly so we expect opportunities for accelerated personal growth as we continue with new products and new customers.
Each person is expected to train and mentor their replacement before they advance to a new role within the company. We expect a person to hold this position for at least 1.5 years before being considered for advancement.
Email jobs at rooof dot com with an introduction, resume in PDF format, portfolio, and anything else you would like us to know about you. If you don’t have a fancy resume, then just send us a list of your experience and describe why it makes you good for this job.
In your introduction, tell us why you want to work at Rooof. If you’ve ever done a similar job, tell us in a short story how you did something awesome.
If you want to really impress us, do something a little different... Like an audio/video clip!
The position will remain open until filled. Apply at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to meeting you!