Sales and Account Manager
Victoria, bc, canada - full time
We're looking for someone to help us grow our sales to customers in the United States.
Rooof sells software to property management companies in the USA on a monthly recurring subscription. Staff at each property use our software to automatically put vacancy advertisements on the internet. Instead of making those ads manually, our software does all the work. Our software is used in over 1200 apartment buildings by over 4000 users.
Who are we?
Rooof is a software company founded in 2012 to improve how the rental-housing industry advertises their vacancies. Instead of manually making hundreds of classified ads every month, Rooof has made software to mimic human behaviour within your browser so that new classified ads are written and uploaded automatically. People love our software because it writes great performing ads and because we have automated a task that they despise.
We have our corporate head office in Victoria BC with sales representatives in Phoenix AZ and Los Angeles CA. Our engineering team is primarily located in Victoria & Vancouver BC with one team member currently working remotely on a warm and sandy beach...
What do we offer?
- Competitive Base Salary (Draw) + Commission (USD) + Health Benefits
- Large sales opportunities (there are more than 500,000 apartment buildings in the USA)
- Best-in-class products. No competitor has a better product than us!
- Rapid professional growth
- Travel to the USA (conferences)
- Premium office environment in the downtown core (Fort near Wharf)
Who are you?
- You are a highly motivated, results-driven individual
- You love the challenge of new customer acquisition
- You form great, long-lasting relationships, both internally and externally
- You are confident and very good with basic computer practices
- You know the difference between IE, Chrome, & Firefox and you have a preference
- You can help someone else to determine what version of browser they are using and how to update it
- You could teach someone how to reset their password on a website like gmail or amazon
- You’re a self-starter; if you see a problem or opportunity, you’ll find a way to address it.
- You may have some sales or selling experience
- You may have some experience in the multi-family or single-family real estate rental industry
- You have a basic grasp of American geography (e.g. Where is Atlanta? Where is DC? Where is the Midwest?)
Who are You Not?
- Overwhelmed by a fast-paced environment that’s constantly evolving
- Uncomfortable meeting new people and forging new relationships over the telephone, webinar, or in person
- Impatient if a deal takes months to close
- Pushy, rushed, or insincere.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying prospective customers by finding property management companies on the internet
- Contacting customers with email campaigns and social media
- Answering telephone calls from prospective customers
- Responding to customer inquiries and requests for demonstrations
- Telephoning customers who contact Rooof via our website
- Attending 2+ conferences per year (in the USA)
- Writing content to drive traffic from social media
- Documenting your activities in our CRM
- Drafting agreements (from templates) with customers
- Training customers via webinars
- Writing online ads and managing online advertising (after you have experience closing deals)
- Answering simple customer questions and escalating to our Customer Support staff
- Staying in touch with key customers to ensure satisfaction and retain accounts
- You are not required to do cold-calling, but you may choose to at your discretion.
Email jobs at rooof dot com with an introduction, CV, and anything else you would like us to know about you.
The position will remain open until filled. Apply at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to meeting you!